After the narrow victory for Obama in the Supreme Court ruling that upheld Obamacare (AKA Romneycare), Republicans doubled down on their vow to "repeal and replace" (with what, might I ask?) the historic bill. They're always on the wrong side of history, aren't they? Anyhow, here's a few things that you will lose if Romney becomes President.
1. Coverage regardless of pre-existing conditions. You're a woman? That's a pre-existing condition. You've got cancer? Pre-existing condition! You're a child with a pre-existing condition? Denied! But not under Obamacare.
2. Equal health care for equal premiums, regardless of health or gender.
3. Young people can stay on their parent's plan until age 26. You graduated and can't find a job? NO HEALTH INSURANCE FOR YOU!
4. Medicare expansion for the extremely poor.
5. Tax breaks to help you pay for insurance.
6. Requiring employers to offer health insurance (despite what the GOP would have you believe, this is a requirement businesses cannot opt out of).
7. Ban on annual coverage caps (limits). This is great because some medical conditions are very expensive to treat, so caps could be reached quickly, causing financial strain on families.
8. No lifetime coverage caps. Same idea as number 7.
9. The "loss of jobs" you hear about? It's because people who would have retired now can because they can get insurance!
10. Your premiums actually going toward health costs rather than overhead (AKA the CEO's pockets).
11. Preventative care coverage, including birth control.
These are just a few highlights of what Romney has vowed to take away from you on day one of his Presidency. The choice ought to be obvious to you, America!
Please take a second to click like. Due to a recent FB update, unless I pay to promote posts on FB, only a fraction of my fans will see my posts. Thanks for your continued support of my work!