1. Healthcare reform. It's hardly perfect. It basically capitulates to the health insurance companies. But it is a start, and a step in the right direction. And Obama's opponents have promised to repeal it.
2. He got Osama. Bush spent 8 years and started two wars, only to miss him several times and ignore him while he lived in luxury inside Pakistan.
3. Ended the Iraq War. And has a plan to end the Afghanistan War. His opponents have talked about re-starting the wars, while somehow still paying for tax cuts for billionaires and the war,
4. The economy is improving. Yeah, it's slow and painful, but this is the best he can do with the obstructionist GOP/Tea Party in Congress. We have gone from hemorrhaging thousands of jobs every month to over 24 months of straight gains in jobs.
5. You can't undo what Bush did over 8 years in just 4. Tax cuts for billionaires were supposed to pay off the debt by 2010. Instead, they have caused the debt to skyrocket. And his opponents want to keep those tax cuts, and pay for corporate welfare on the backs of the poor and middle class. Deregulation was supposed to help the economy, but it led to the housing collapse and the need for expensive bailouts. And two unpaid quagmires in the Middle East won't solve themselves overnight.
|Buy it here|
6. Social issues. The President's opponents, instead of focusing on jobs, the economy, or the middle class, are trying to distract us all from the fact that they are just corporate puppets by reigniting the culture wars. Obama has made great strides toward LGBT rights, including ending Don't Ask Don't Tell, and by having his Administration stop defending DOMA in court.
I hope you can see Obama is a lot better than the alternative, and we cannot let the GOP roll back his progress. As they say, you put your car in R to go backward, and D to go foward! Thanks for reading.
Please take a second to click like. Due to a recent FB update, unless I pay to promote posts on FB, only a fraction of my fans will see my posts. Thanks for your continued support of my work!